- AFSUSA: Year and semester-long, and summer study abroad programs to destinations all around the world. Need-based and merit-based scholarships available.
- Travel abroad scholarship opportunities from the U.S. Department of State or visit their site.
- Study abroad with CIEE (Council for International Educational Exchange). Merit and need-based scholarships available!
AGS Community Partners
The Teague Family
The Teeple Family
Hayden and Drew Miller
Dwyer Murphy Calvert LLP
Anna Belle and Robert Williams
Thank you to our 2020 Donors!
We are blazing ahead and teachers are working hard to reinstate the traditional AGS trips. A Dominican Republic trip for the Seniors is currently being planned for the first week of January and a trip to Costa Rica has been approved by the district for Sophomores. The Junior trip to New Mexico is in the works for the Spring. Freshman teachers are planning local team building experiences for the Fall and exploring options for a “Heifer” type experience in Maryland later in the year. Even though it may look a bit different, we are hopeful AGS students will be able to travel this year and enjoy some of the benefits of being part of AGS. Besides our usual travel experiences, the faculty are looking at creative alternatives to provide perspective-broadening opportunities for their students.
For this reason, we need your help in supporting the students this year. Last year, with your incredible generosity, we were able to raise over $30,000 for scholarships to ensure that all AGS students could take part in the incredible AGS travel curriculum when it returned post-pandemic. We cannot thank you enough for your continued generosity as we plan to resume travel and support the scholarship needs of even more AGS students.
With overwhelming gratitude, this year AGS Community Partners seeks to raise $50,000 to support travel and virtual programs in the Academy of Global Studies. The teachers are exploring creative ways to give the students curriculum-based experiences outside the classroom, either virtual or in person. Much like how AGS reaches beyond the Austin High community to spread global awareness, we are reaching out to individual and corporate sponsors like you to help us ensure equal opportunity for all of our students.
Does your company match charitable donations?
Austin High Academy for Global Studies Booster, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Our deadline to raise $50,000 is December 31.
Thank you for your support!
AGS Parent Advisory Board
- Donate online HERE or make checks payable to Austin High School, and write “AGS Community Partners” on the memo line.. Send checks along with this FORM to:
- Austin High School
- Attn: Maria Quick
- 1715 Cesar Chavez St.
- Austin, TX 78703
Levels of Sponsorship
- World Explorer $5,000 and above
- This level sponsors a student’s learning expeditions for New Mexico AND Dominican Republic.
- AGS Globetrotter $2,500-$4,999
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to Costa Rica AND New Mexico.
- National Geographer $1,000-$2,499
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to New Mexico OR Costa Rica.
- Frequent Flyer $500-$999
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to Heifer International
- Let’s go $250-$499
- This level sponsors a student's local field trips for all four years.
- Supporter any amount up to $1-249