Check out AGS work samples by visiting student-created Senior Portfolios.
- AFSUSA: Year and semester-long, and summer study abroad programs to destinations all around the world. Need-based and merit-based scholarships available.
- Travel abroad scholarship opportunities from the U.S. Department of State or visit their site.
- Study abroad with CIEE (Council for International Educational Exchange). Merit and need-based scholarships available!
AGS Community Partners
The Teague Family
The Teeple Family
Hayden and Drew Miller
Dwyer Murphy Calvert LLP
Anna Belle and Robert Williams
Thank you to our 2020 Donors!
We are excited to announce the 2022 launch of the AGS Community Partners campaign, now in its seventh year. In past years, AGS Community Partners has provided an opportunity for individuals and local businesses to support the Academy for Global Studies (AGS) program by providing funds for travel scholarships for our curriculum-based learning expeditions. Following our hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, last year we were thrilled to again offer travel opportunities to the students in the AGS program. This year, we are continuing to blaze ahead with organizing travel and other educational experiences, and teachers are hard at work planning the traditional AGS trips. A Thailand trip for the Seniors is currently being planned for January and a trip to Costa Rica for the Sophomores is being planned for the end of January/beginning of February. The Junior trip to New Mexico, which has traditionally been available only to American Studies students, is currently in the works for mid-May, and is being offered to all students in AP US History. Freshman teachers are planning the Heifer Global Village trip in Maryland and Washington, D.C. for mid-November.
We need your help in supporting the students this year! Last year, with your incredible generosity, we were able to raise over $54,000 for scholarships to ensure that all AGS students could take part in the incredible AGS travel curriculum when it returned post-pandemic. We cannot thank you enough for your continued generosity as we plan to continue traveling and to support the scholarship needs of even more AGS students.
With overwhelming gratitude, this year AGS Community Partners seeks to raise $50,000 to support travel and curriculum-based experiences in the Academy of Global Studies. Much like how AGS reaches beyond the Austin High community to spread global awareness, we are reaching out to individual and corporate sponsors like you to help us ensure equal opportunity for all of our students. "If one travels, we all travel!"
We are pleased to announce that Austin High Academy for Global Studies Booster Club will now pop up on the Dell list as an automatic match for donated funds.
Our deadline to raise $50,000 is December 31.
Thank you for your support!
AGS Parent Advisory Board
To donate, please click HERE for instructions on how to donate online or by check.
For more information regarding AGS Community Partners, please click HERE
Levels of Sponsorship
- World Explorer $5,000 and above
- This level sponsors a student’s learning expeditions for New Mexico AND Dominican Republic.
- AGS Globetrotter $2,500-$4,999
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to Costa Rica AND New Mexico.
- National Geographer $1,000-$2,499
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to New Mexico OR Costa Rica.
- Frequent Flyer $500-$999
- This level sponsors a student’s trip to Heifer International
- Let’s go $250-$499
- This level sponsors a student's local field trips for all four years.
- Supporter any amount up to $1-249
*Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by current IRS regulations.